Detwiler Family Foundation
The Detwiler Family Foundation invites applications form those local organizations that are dedicated to enriching and improving the lives of children in our community. We strive to serve children dealing with significant life challenges by facilitating access to education and the arts.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Funds will only be awarded to organizations that can demonstrate an impact on children dealing with issues such as health, welfare, security and financial hardship.
- Organizations may apply for grants to support specific projects, or for funds to match a current or ongoing fundraising campaign.
- One or more grants will be awarded.
- Awards typically range from $5,000 to $50,000.
- Projects must be implemented by December 31, 2018.
- Organizations must be located in either Chester or Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania, Northern Delaware, or Portland, Oregon.
- Projects submitted may be stand-alone or joint efforts with other organizations.
- The Detwiler Family Foundation reserves the right to modify any of the above criteria if adequate documentation shows that particular projects will have significant value for our target population.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should complete and return the Foundation Application Form (download below) along with a short project description of no more than two pages and relevant supporting material. The Detwiler Family Foundation receives applications on a rolling basis. All applications must be submitted by June 1, 2017. Grant award recipients will be notified by September 15, 2017.
Within 30 days of the project’s completion, grant recipient(s) will be required to complete a Post Grant Results Summary Form (download below) by the Detwiler Family Foundation and submit it along with photos of the project. Failure to submit these materials will disqualify submitters from receiving future grants.
Application materials must be submitted to:
Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations certified as tax exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) or 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as “not a private foundation” under Section 509(a). Hospitals, educational institutions, and governmental institutions meeting these requirements are eligible to apply. Organizations that have completed and filed Form 1023 but not yet received an IRS determination letter are not eligible to apply. The Foundation does not make grants or loans to individuals.
As a general practice, The Detwiler Family Foundation refrains from funding religious activities, political lobbying, or legislative activities or institutions that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation in policy or in practice.